Howard Freedberg, MD
Board-Certified Orthopaedic Surgeon Whose Expertise Includes Complex Reconstructions, Including the ACL, Hip and Knee Replacements.
In addition to serving as an instructor for the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, Dr. Freedberg is a consulting physician to the Player’s Association for the NFL and MLB and is a team physician for five local high schools. He lectures on his techniques and theories on various subjects, including knee reconstructions and the shoulder. He has published numerous articles on the subject of arthroscopy and is presently involved in research on the Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) with a revolutionary computerized knee testing device.
Dr. Freedberg believes that each patient deserves the utmost in service and he takes extra time in providing individualized care. In his free time Dr. Freedberg likes to keep fit and is an avid biker.
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Orthopaedic Sports Medicine
- Medical School – University of Illinois, Chicago, Doctor of Medicine
- University of Illinois, Chicago, Residency in Orthopaedics
- Wellington Sports Medicine Center, Fellowship in Sports Medicine
- Bone and Joint Institute, Cincinnati, Fellowship in Reconstructive Arthritis Surgery
- Exchange Fellowships in Homburg, Germany, and Paris, France
- U.S. News Top Doctor
- “Best Doctor Award” by Chicago Magazine in 2011
- Named a Master Instructor of Arthroscopic Surgery by the Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Medical Association
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
Neck and Back
Foot and Ankle
Request an Appointment