Sports Medicine Physician in Illinois
Do you have a sports-related injury and need a sports medicine specialist? Please come to Suburban Orthopaedics! Our experienced team will help alleviate your pain.
What is Sports Medicine?
Anyone with an active lifestyle can benefit from sports medicine, a field that focuses on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of sports-related injuries.
What are the 7 Most Common Sports Injuries?
The following common sports-related injuries are routinely diagnosed and treated at Suburban Orthopaedics:
- Sprains and strains – These injuries frequently involve the ligaments and muscles in the ankles, wrists, or knees
- Fractures – Broken bones that can happen as a result of forceful blows or constant stress
- Dislocations – Accidents when the ends of bones are pushed out of place, frequently affecting the shoulders or fingers
- Tendonitis – Tennis elbow and Achilles tendinitis are two common cases of tendon inflammation or irritation, called tendonitis
- ACL Tears – Injury to the knee’s anterior cruciate ligament, frequently brought on by twisting movements
- Rotator cuff injuries – Tears or inflammation in the shoulder muscles and tendons
- Concussions – Traumatic brain injuries frequently occur from head trauma
Understanding these frequent injuries and receiving immediate medical attention can greatly speed recovery and reduce issues down the road.
For more information, give us a call or schedule an appointment online. Our orthopedic clinic has multiple locations. We serve patients in Bartlett, IL, Elgin, IL, Elk Grove Village, IL, and Chicago, IL.
Request an Appointment