NanoScope™ Operative Arthroscopy System in Illinois
The NanoScope™ operative arthroscopy imaging system from Arthrex® is the first medical-grade, 3-in-1, chip-on-tip, single-use camera system. It is a diagnostic and treatment tool advancement allowing surgeons to directly visualize and treat common joint conditions in a less invasive, more convenient, and more efficient manner.
SOME OF THE ADVANTAGES OF THE NANOSCOPE INCLUDE:
- Direct visualization of the joint surface, meniscus, labrum, and ligaments in HD resolution with a camera on the tip of 1.9mm diameter instrument that is inserted into the joint space through a needle-size cannula.
- Local anesthesia or numbing of the joint and skin allows for a convenient and relatively painless in-office procedure. Since patients can avoid going to the operating room and having general anesthesia, this has the potential for less complications, less cost, more convenience, and a quicker recovery.
- Minimally invasive needle-like instruments allow for visualization of potential joint problems and treatments such as cleaning and or repair of damaged areas.
- Patient is engaged as they can see the screen with the surgeon as the procedure is being done or upon completion to best understand and treat their condition.
- The minimally invasive patient experience and access to joint spaces make the NanoScope the tool of choice for instant diagnostic imaging and less invasive arthroscopy procedures.
Request an Appointment
At Suburban Orthopaedics, our providers are here to help you. Set up an appointment today.